The Best Options for Window Installation & Replacement in Charlotte & Greensboro
Shopping for new or replacement windows in Charlotte or Greensboro can be overwhelming with so many different styles and options available. To help narrow down your best options, here is a helpful window comparison guide. It concisely explains the pros and cons for the most popular types of windows in North Carolina. Whenever you are ready for more answers — or accurate, pressure-free quotes, simply contact Zen Windows North Carolina. Our window experts are skilled at designing, installing, repairing, and replacing all types of custom windows.
Need answers or advice about your best window options?
Need a window installation or replacement?
Call (877) 572-2988 in Charlotte or (877) 572-2177 in Greensboro.
We give 100% accurate price quotes with ZERO hidden fees and ZERO hassle!
Pros: Wood windows are beautiful, adding a touch of nature and warmth to the inside and outside of homes.
Cons: Unfortunately, wood windows can come with a number of drawbacks, including that these windows are:
• Prone to damage – Wood is susceptible to rotting, insect infestation, and warping.
• High maintenance – At the very least, wood windows need to be painted regularly. Since these windows are damage prone, they can also require frequent repairs.
• Less energy efficient – While wood windows tend to expand in the summer heat, they tend to contract in the winter cold. This can make wood windows more likely to let in cold drafts during the winter, which can raise energy and heating bills.
• Pricey – Wood windows are generally one of the most expensive options on the market.
The Bottom Line: Wood windows can add style, charm, beauty, and warmth, but expect to pay more for this option up front when you buy them, as well as over the years when it comes to energy bills and maintaining your wood windows.
Looking for affordable, high-quality replacement windows? Ready for a no-hassle quote or an appointment?
Call (877) 572-2988 in Charlotte or (877) 572-2177 in Greensboro.
Zen Windows North Carolina is proud to provide the highest quality windows and window services to homeowners across North Carolina, from Greensboro to Charlotte, Huntersville, Matthews, Concord, Gastonia, Harrisburg, and beyond! We are ready to provide you with exceptional service for all of your window needs!
Pros: Fiberglass is a strong material for windows. Also, if properly finished, they look great.
Cons: Fiberglass windows tend to be expensive. Some other disadvantages associated with fiberglass windows include that they:
• Are not necessarily more durable – Although fiberglass is a strong material, this strength does not translate into more durable windows. This is mostly due to how these windows are designed and built.
• Cannot be fusion-welded (like vinyl windows) – Instead, fiberglass windows are mechanically fastened together with screws. These joints are not as strong, as air resistant, or as water resistant as fusion-welded joints, meaning these joints can more easily breakdown over time.
• Require more maintenance – Many fiberglass windows need to be painted to look properly finished. Over time, this paint can fade and require maintenance.
The Bottom Line: Fiberglass replacement windows are typically more expensive than other options of comparable quality. If you are considering fiberglass as an option, ask what real benefits you get for the extra expense.
Low-Quality Vinyl Windows
Pros: Low-quality vinyl windows are one of the cheapest options available.
Cons: Low-quality vinyl has a “plastic look” that detracts from curb appeal. Other drawbacks of low-quality vinyl windows include that they are:
• Less energy efficient
• Prone to damage and wear, like chalking and fading.
The Bottom Line: Although low-quality vinyl windows can be less expensive upfront, they can cheapen the appearance of homes and cost more in the long run when it comes to energy bills and window maintenance.
High-Quality Vinyl Windows
Pros: High-quality vinyl windows provide a great combination of durability, affordability, and beauty. This mix of quality and value is one of the main reasons why vinyl has dominated the window market for so long.
The specific advantages of high-quality vinyl windows for Charlotte and Greensboro homeowners include:
• Good resistance to rot, insect infestation, and moisture damage
• Very low maintenance (with no painting or staining needed)
• Energy efficiency
• Reasonable prices
• Custom color and style options
Cons: The disadvantages of high-quality vinyl windows are fairly minimal. Very slight expansion and contraction with changing weather is typically the only con associated with high-quality vinyl windows.
The Bottom Line: High-quality vinyl windows offer the best of all worlds — they look great, operate smoothly, are super low maintenance, are energy efficient, and often come with a lifetime warranty. With all these qualities, high-quality vinyl windows tend to offer amazing results.
Wood vs. Vinyl vs. Fiberglass Windows
When choosing between wood, vinyl, and fiberglass windows, your needs, preferences, and budget will impact what the best choice is for you and your home. The experts at Zen Windows can help you in make the best selection. Typically, great options for homes in Charlotte, Greensboro, and the surrounding areas will be:
• Wood windows when a warm, natural look outweighs price and maintenance considerations
• Fiberglass windows when you want to invest a certain look and you have a flexible budget
• Vinyl windows when you are looking for affordability, high-quality, durability, and energy efficiency
Zen Windows North Carolina Is the Top Choice for Window Installation & Replacement
When it’s time for the best window installation and replacement services in North Carolina, it’s time to contact the experts at Zen Windows North Carolina. We are ready to provide you with outstanding service, exceptional quality, and turnkey solutions!
That’s why Zen Windows North Carolina is the number one choice for custom windows throughout Charlotte, Greensboro, Harrisburg, and beyond. We design, install and replace windows of all sizes and styles.
Call (877) 572-2988 in Charlotte or (877) 572-2177 in Greensboro. You can also contact us online for a free, ZERO hassle, five-minute quote!
Zen Windows North Carolina has won many Angie’s List Super Service Awards, we hold an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, and we have many glowing reviews from past clients. We are ready to provide you with exceptional service for all of your window needs!